DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
a one-day workshop
This workshop helps you identify types of difficult people and situations and key internal and external strategies for dealing with them.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Manage communication with difficult people more effectively through an understanding of three communication styles.
- Help a difficult person treat you differently by using internal management techniques that control emotional first reactions.
- Resolve difficult situations more comfortably by identifying and practicing assertive strategies.
- Feel good about resolving a problem satisfactorily.
Unit 1: Introduction overview
Unit 2: Why are people difficult?
- Types of difficult behaviors and situations
- How do you feel?
- Confronting a difficult person?
Unit 3: Internal Management Strategies to deal with difficult people
- Manage your emotions
- Focus on specific behaviors
Unit 4: External Management Strategies to deal with difficult people
- Use assertive behaviors
- Communicate assertively
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.