Effective January 1, 2011, Maria Chilcote and Melissa Smith assumed management of The Training Clinic from Jean Barbazette, founder.
Maria and Melissa each have over 15+ years experience with The Training Clinic, as well as their 25+ years experience in the training and development industry. Most recently they have been running The Training Clinic's day-to-day operations.
(photo above: (l) Maria Chilcote, (c) Jean Barbazette, (r) Melissa Smith)
Who We Are
The Training Clinic is an international training company (based in southern California) specializing in train-the-trainer through:
- certificate programs
- conference presentations
- custom design and presentation
utilizing a staff of 18
Master Trainers we deliver involving, inter-active on-site programs on the
management of training.
We have resident Master Trainers in The Netherlands and Hungary. Utilizing these Master Trainers we can deliver programs throughout Europe and the Middle East.
Since our founding in 1977, we have trained over 150,000 people on 5 continents in train-the-trainer techniques and other topics. Through public workshops and thousands of past in-house clients, we have acquired the experience to make your program a resounding success.
Our content and delivery philosophy focuses on:
- All program content is researched, designed and developed at the main office with input from the field Master Trainers and other experts in training and development.
- Learning by doing, not just by listening. All of our workshops require a high level of participation by the learner. Transfer of skills to the workplace is stressed by action planning during each workshop.
- Workshop content that is practical and useful in real office, factory and classroom situations. Although each workshop is based on solid adult learning theory and enough theory is discussed to provide participants with a foundation, these are not "theoretical" or "academic" programs. The course content is, above all, realistic and practical.
- Participants work on the organization's real issues and develop action plans and materials to use on the job the very next day.